As a kid growing up we always finished our meal with a dessert or pudding. Now it’s not nearly as often, but desserts in any shape or form are still always very much enjoyed. A chocolate self saucing pudding such as this one was a favorite on a cold winter’s night (yes, even with the ice-cream).
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour (I use White Wings or Orgran Gluten Free)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted ( I used Nestle Baking Cocoa)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- 30g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Cream or Ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Lightly grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine flour, caster sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa in a bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla and butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa in a small bowl.
- Sift sugar mixture over flour mixture.
- Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted around the edge of pudding comes out clean.
- Serve with cream or ice cream
recipe taken from Taste.com gluten free chocolate self saucing pudding